The Authority conducts centralized solid waste billing, data collection and reporting, hauler licensing and technical assistance for our members. We also assist our members with market research, recycling and special waste management program development, legislative updates, grant writing and educational services.
Solid waste is primarily sent to East Carolina Environmental Landfill through the three transfer stations located in Dare County, Currituck County, and Perquimans County. An intra-county transfer station in Buxton serves Dare County haulers and residents on Hatteras Island.
Recycling programs, special waste management and other waste reduction programs are managed at the local level. For more about those programs see our Local Program Information.
- Inquiries about invoices and tickets
- Establishing a new charge account at a transfer station
- Permit Licenses
- Credit Applications
For information please contact Kathy Waters at (252) 335-7366.
- Educational assistance and programs
- Special wastes (scrap tires, scrap metals, paint, electronics, yard debris, automotive lubricants, fluorescent bulbs, hazardous materials, banned materials, etc.)
- Recyclable materials and local recycling programs
- Grant availability – referrals to state sources
- Reports and data
- Market location assistance
- Composting education and demonstrations
- Solid waste laws
For information please contact Ralph Hollowell at (252) 338-4490.